e_Buah is the institutional repository of the University of Alcala. Its purpose is to provide open access to academic and scientific material produced at the University as well as to ensure the preservation and enhance the visibility and impact of the contents generated by members of the University.
e_Buah is compliant with the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PHM) standard and describes records using Dublin Core metadata to facilitate search and retrieval of contents.
e_Buah is part of:
- e-Ciencia: the Autonomous Community of Madrid open files browser (Madrid public universities, Spanish National Distance University and Spanish National Research Council).
- Europeana (European Digital Library).
- RECOLECTA: Spanish institutional repositories platform. This is a joint initiative launched by the Network of Spanish University Libraries (REBIUN) and the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT).
- OpenAIRE: Implementation of the Open Access policies of the European Commission.
Material in e_Buah must be:
- Of an academic or scientific nature.
- Produced by (author or co-author), linked to or sponsored by a member of the UAH academic and scientific community.
- Generated or published by the University, its members or its associated bodies.
- Not ephemeral.
- A finished work ready for distribution and archiving.
- In digital format.
- Licensed in perpetuity. The author must be entitled and willing to concede non-exclusive rights to the UAH to preserve and distribute his/her work via the repository.
- Digital collections belonging to or published by the UAH.
Digital items for inclusion may consist of:
- Journal papers, including pre-prints (prior to peer review) and post-prints (after peer review).
- Papers given at conferences, symposiums, seminars and other scientific meetings as well as presentations and posters.
- Books and book chapters.
- Master’s Degree and Undergraduate Degree (pre- and post-EHEA) Final Projects.
- Technical reports, papers and studies.
- Working papers.
- Digitised material.
To ensure long-term preservation of digital files, e_Buah will store files in PDF and JPEG format. Furthermore, e_Buah reserves the right to manipulate files and implement the measures necessary to ensure future access (migration to new versions, etc.)
UPLOADING WORKS ONTO E_BUAH
UAH teaching and research staff can upload their works to e_Buah. For this they must:
- Be registered on My e_Buah
- Request permission from the Administrador to store contents in their community collections (departments, services, etc.).
Please read this Guide to obtain more details about the self-archiving process
The University Library is responsible for uploading some kinds of documents, such as doctoral theses, subject to prior authorisation from the authors.
Licence: To deposit any kind of work on e_Buah for which the copyright is owned (approved by the University Governing Council on 12-18-2008).
Licence for self-archiving: The licence to deposit appears during the self-archiving process. In conceding this licence, the author grants e_Buah permission to make his/her work freely available as open access on the Internet. This is a non-exclusive licence. Therefore, the author may publish and disseminate his/her work via any other kind of media.
Creative Commons Licence: : Creative Commons is a non-profit organisation which offers licensing models that allow authors to freely deposit their work on the Internet, establishing certain limits to its usage.
All contents stored on e_Buah are protected under a Creative Commons Licence.
It is recommended to use the Reconocimiento-NoComercial-Sin-ObraDerivada ,licence that establishes use of the work under the following conditions: